Montego Bay - Parish of St. James
The old burial ground. a congregation was formed here in 1844 and a synagogue was consecrated the following year, but during the latter part of the century the congregation declined, and the synagogugue had fallen into disrepair sometime before it was destroyed in the hurricane of 1912.
Cemetery information sourced from:
RD Barnett & P. Wright, The Jews of Jamaica Tombstones Inscriptions 1663 - 1880: Ben Zvi Institute