Lacovia - Parish of St Elizabeth
Tombstones partially buried, on the property of Mrs. Estrella Robinson, behind a small shop opposite the school house on the main road. Lacovia, now a small village, was in 1723 designated the capital of St Elizabeth Parish, and for half a century shared this honor with the town of Black River, the Assize Courts and Vestry Meetings being held alternately in each. Edward Long, History of Jamaica (1774) describes Lacovia as "mostly inhabited by Jews".
Cemetery information sourced from:
RD Barnett & P. Wright, The Jews of Jamaica Tombstones Inscriptions 1663 - 1880: Ben Zvi Institute